Reported by Celso De Guzman Caparas Photos : CTTOs
The COVID-19 pandemic has drastically affected the lives of every Filipino as they struggle with socio-economic fallout and mental health issues.
Amidst these challenging times, children are silently dealing with life-altering changes that are beyond their comprehension.
For the fortunate ones, they attend online classes from the safety and comfort of their own homes.
However, there are those children who aren’t as lucky where even the most basic needs are not met.
According to Save the Children Philippines, hunger among our children was already a huge problem as the numbers reveal.
Lia Andrea Ramos, Miss Universe Philippines Head of Women Empowerment & Charity, shared, “This year, we decided to partner with Save The Children Philippines, an independent international children’s organization in the world.
We recognize that health and nutrition as well as access to education are areas that need our attention especially during the time of pandemic.
Save the Children has been in the country for 40 years and they have proven to implement sustainable and impactful programs to help improve lives of children in less fortunate communities.”
With this in mind, the Miss Universe Philippines Organization has chosen Save The Children Philippines and their “Hope For Their Future” Campaign to be its beneficiary for this year’s edition.
A portion of the proceeds from the subscriptions and all the previous and upcoming voting will be donated to Save the Children Philippines.
It is a partnership grounded on love for children that aims to inspire people to give hope for the children’s future.
The 30 Miss Universe Philippines delegates essentially become ambassadors for this worthy cause.
They join three equally empowered women who are the official Save the Children Philippines Ambassadors, Liza Soberano, Ria Atayde and Katarina Rodriguez.
Their journey to the crown becomes a much more meaningful experience knowing that they have truly made a difference in this hunger-fighting campaign.
The past votes, votes in the Lazada app and the current subscriptions made through the KTX Season Pass proceeds help support Save the Children Philippines.
Miss Universe Philippines 2021 will hold an advocacy week dedicated to featuring inspiring stories of children who have benefitted from Save the Children Philippines.
A highlight of the advocacy week is a Zoom session between Save the Children Philippines and the 30 Miss Universe Philippines delegates.
“Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In the Philippines and around the world, we work every day to give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We deliver lasting results for millions of children, including those hardest to reach.We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share.” (Save the Children).
To know more about Save the Children’s Hope for their Future campaign, visit: https:// bit.ly/HopeForTheirFuture.
The Miss Universe Philippines 2021 Preliminary Competitions and Pageant Finals are available through a KTX Season Pass subscription on KTX.ph .
Book your Season Pass now to get access to three amazing shows:
September 21, 2021 - Preliminary Q&A
September 23, 2021 - Preliminary Swimsuit & Evening Gown Competition
September 25, 2021 - Finals Night
Reigning Miss Universe Philippines is RABIYA MATEO.
#missuniversephilippines2021 #phenomenalwomen #InspireYou #SaveTheChildrenPH
Reported by Celso De Guzman Caparas
Organized by Mrs. Universe Philippines 2019-20 MARIA CHARO CALALO (top collage) under FDN Productions, our country will select a delegate to the forthcoming Mrs. Universe 2021 competition in South Korea.
For the first time, a physical pageant will be held. It will be staged at Okada Manila, date to be advised soon .
Previous Philippine delegates to the Mrs. Universe contest were only handpicked.
Sixteen equally accomplished, empowered, advocacy-driven and gorgeous married and single Filipina moms will vie for three coveted crowns and titles, namely : Mrs. Universe Philippines 2021, Mrs. Pacific Continental 2021 and Mrs. North Pacific Asia 2021.
Also to be awarded are subsidiary titles : Mrs. Luzon 2021, Mrs. Visayas 2021 and Mrs. Mindanao 2021; and two runners-up.
The Official Candidates
DARLINGS OF THE PRESS
Voted Darlings of the Press by members of pageant media and bloggers were :
Grand winner will be announced and awarded during the Coronation Night.
The following sponsors are supporting Mrs. Universe Philippines search :
• Okada Manila
• Xiaomi Philippines
• EZ Wealth
• Norman M. Acuba Clothing & Designs
• We Evolve Philippines
• My Daily Collagen
• Suzette Escalante Beauty and Tattoo Studio
• Aura Beauty and Wellness
• Graceful Rosed
• Alpha Global Prestige
• Litrato Philippines
• The Grand Fraternal Order of the Philippines Eagles International
• Amelie International Incorporated
• La L'or and Seduction
• P3 Heavenly Beauty
• Evidenc3 Health, Beauty and Skin Essentials
• Glamp @ Z Zoomanity
• Luxuriskin & Aesthetic Clinic
• LUV Cosmetics & The Cool Mom's Shop
• Rjay B. Cruz Exclusive Collections
• Deep Clean Services Philippines
• Enagic International
• Garden Hive
4 September 2021, Manila, Philippines - Psalmstre, cautions against the proliferation of counterfeit New Placenta products that have penetrated the market and urges consumers to purchase only authentic New Placenta skincare products from legitimate sellers.
Reports received by the Psalmstre office in Manila include counterfeit New Placenta cream circulating in Bangladesh. Said counterfeit product comes in a 25g blue jar and is widely available in Bangladesh. This is a far cry from the authentic New Placenta cream that comes only in 15g and is contained in a white jar.
The fraudulent operation in the market has been regarded as an absolute disrespect to the reputation of New Placenta which has been a trusted brand in the Philippines and abroad for over two decades now.
The beauty industry has been the target of various counterfeit activities. Fake beauty products may contain harmful ingredients such as arsenic, beryllium, mercury, and cadmium which may cause skin cancer. They may also contain a high amount of bacteria which can cause acne, rashes, psoriasis, and eye infections.
In his official statement, Jaime V. Acosta, president and CEO of PEI, said, “Products that are offered at much lower prices may already be considered a red flag. Please be more discerning when purchasing New Placenta products. Fake products are not laboratory-tested and are not registered with the Food and Drugs Administration, thus do not guarantee the safety of use.”
PEI reiterates its support for the Consumer Protection Law and continues to follow the strictest standards of business conduct. They are also encouraging the public to report counterfeit New Placenta products so that actions can be taken to rectify the matter.
New Placenta products are widely available at Mercury Drug outlets & other drugstores in the Philippines & Filipino stores abroad. Consumers can also order New Placenta products directly from PSALMSTRE through its online selling platform. This platform is available for local consumers as well as international consumers and resellers. For details on the online purchase of New Placenta products, visit www.psalmstre.net or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. To confirm the authenticity of purchased New Placenta products, send an email to email@example.com.
Reported by Celso De Guzman Caparas Photos by Miss Universe Philippines Organization
The final 30 delegates of Miss Universe Philippines 2021 search were revealed in a simple ceremony by Billie Hakenson and Nico Locco via Empire.ph's YouTube on September 1.
"Miss Universe Philippines commends all of our official delegates for exerting effort into all five Virtual Challenges.
For the past weeks, we’ve narrowed our delegates down from 100 to 75 to 50 based on the combined votes of our panelists and the fans. Your votes definitely mattered and supported your favorite delegate’s journey.
We already know the verdict from the fan votes, and with the completion of our last virtual challenge, it’s time to let the Universe know of our panelists’ decisions from the previous challenges!
The battle to secure the coveted spots on the coronation night is getting really interesting! From there, it will be back to zero with a different set of judges," says MUPh Org. in their official Facebook page.
THE FINAL 30 DELEGATES :
The Final 30 official delegates who will compete for the coveted Miss Universe Philippines 2021 crown and title in order of announcement are :
MUPh Org. explains, "In choosing The Final 30, a group of panelists chose 27 delegates based on their performances in all the challenges. Completing the The Final 30, the delegates who garnered the 3 highest votes through the Fan Votes cast between August 22 to August 31 on the Miss Universe Philippines App automatically advanced.
Cebu Province (Steffi Abesturi), Masbate (Kirsten Danielle Delavin) and Pangasinan (Maureen Wroblewitz) are the three delegates who made it through with the fan votes.
These three inspiring women are affirmed by the enormous support of their fans in ensuring that they automatically advanced to The Final 30. They are equally as qualified to be in The Final 30 as the rest of the delegates.
Now, the scores are back to zero and will be facing a different set of judges in their quest for the crown. Will new frontrunners and favorites emerge? We’ll find out on September 25 when a new Miss Universe Philippines is crowned by last year's queen Rabiya Mateo."
"Don’t miss those coronation moments on later on this month. Subscribe to the Season Pass of Miss Universe Philippines on KTX.ph and enjoy exclusive content and access to the Preliminary Interviews, the Preliminary Swimsuit and Evening Gown and the Miss Universe Philippines 2021 Finals on September 25," shared MUPh Org.
CHALLENGES WINNERS :
Miss Universe 2021 in Israel :
Miss Universe 2021 will be the 70th anniversary of the Miss Universe pageant, to be held in December 2021 in Eilat, Israel. Andrea Meza of Mexico will crown her successor on the Grand Coronation Night.
KTX SEASON PASS :
Book your Season Pass now to get access to three amazing shows:
• September 21, 2021 - Preliminary Q&A
• September 23, 2021 - Preliminary Swimsuit & Evening Gown Competition
• September 25, 2021 - Finals Night
Get your KTX Season Pass now. https://www.ktx.ph/events/33037/miss-universe-philippines-2021
#MissUniversePhilippines2021 #MUPHSisterhood #PhenomenalWoman #InspireYou
Reported by Celso De Guzman Caparas
'Anak ng Macho Dancer,' directed by Joel Lamangan, has been selected to compete at the 25th Annual QFest: The Houston International LGBTQ Film Festival, September 23 - 27, 2021, U.S.A.
Written by Henry King Quintain, the film is the story of Inno, the son of Pol, the original Macho Dancer.
Produced by Joed Serrano's Godfather Productions, 'Anak ng Macho Dancer' previously competed at the Far East Udine Film Festival in Italy and Rainbow Film Festival in the United Kingdom.
'Anak ng Macho Dancer' stars award winning actors Jaclyn Jose, Alan Paule (as Pol), Rossana Roces, Jay Manalo, Emilio Garcia, Jim Pebanco, Elora Espano and introducing Ricky Gumera and Sean De Guzman (as Inno).
By Celso De Guzman Caparas Photos by MBC / AFDQ
The twelve finalists, four each from Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao, vying for ALIWAN FIESTA DIGITAL QUEEN 2021 were formally presented to Manila Broadcasting Company (MBC) President Ruperto S. Nicdao and members of pageant media via Zoom presscon on Tuesday, August 31.
From 47 hopefuls to 23 semi-finalists then trimmed down to 12 finalists.
Here they are :
1. From what is perhaps the most multi-cultural province in Central Luzon, comes KRISHIA MAE ABAD. Krish is 24 years old, stands 5 ft 6 inches tall and weighs 54 kilograms. Already a Tiktok sensation on social media, she is a licensed real estate broker and is also owner and operations manager of Bad Barista. Krish loves working out apart from reading books, drawing, and travelling. From the province of lush rice fields and sugar cane plantations -- Tarlac -- KRISHIA MAE ABAD.
2. Hailing from the city of love is COLLEEN BEATRIX ALCARDE. Bea is 23 years old, stands 5 ft 5 inches tall and weighs 52 kilograms. She holds a degree in foreign service from the University of San Agustin and is a self-proclaimed inspirational speaker who discovered her baking skills during the quarantine. At present she works as sales and service associate at PNB. The standard bearer of Iloilo -- COLLEEN BEATRIX ALCARDE.
3. De dentro la ciudad hermosa de Zamboanga viene SHARMAINE DE LA CRUZ. Maine is 24 years old, stands 5 ft 5 inches tall and weighs 55 kilograms. A graduate of the Ateneo de Zamboanga University, she was a former international flight attendant for Cebu Pacific and is currently a medical representative. Maine loves watching Korean telenovelas and is an accomplished in cultural.ethnic, modern, interpretative, and ballroom dances. Ayuda Badjao is her chosen charity. From Asia’s Latin city - Zamboanga -- SHARMAINE DE LA CRUZ.
4. From Echague, Isabela - 18-year old is a Senior High Scool graduate from Isabela State University and an online boutique owner named K8's Collection. She was hailed as first runner-up in the 1st University Star search held last May 2021. KEITH ARBOLEDA
5. And from the other end of the island, known for the beaches of Boracay comes SHEALTIEL KYZE CAHILIG. Kyze is 18 years old, stands 5 ft 5 inches tall and weighs 45 kilograms. She is a freshman political science major at Garcia College of Technology. Kyze likes public speaking and is into mountaineering, swimming, and running. She has chosen Basura, Baylo, Bugas as her chosen charity, which promotes the fabrication of eco-bricks for remote coastal and upland areas. From Malay, Aklan -- SHEALTIEL KYZE CAHILIG.
6. JAYVEE LYN LOREJO is the candidate from Davao. Jayvee is 20 years old, stands 5 ft 7 inches and weighs 103 pounds. She is a third year tourism management major at the Joji Ilagan School of Business and Tourism. Jayvee plays badminton, golf, and loves spending time with her dogs. She hopes to be able to help Pulong Para Tumulong, which cares for LGBT and PWD residents of Davao. Luminously rerpresenting Davao de Oro -- JAYVEE LYN LOREJO
7. The town of San Manuel, formerly known as Callang, is considered the rice granary of the western part of Isabela. Known as the town of seed growers, they have spouted beauteous Ilokanas too like VJIE MATIAS. Badi, as she is fondly called, is 21 years old, stands 5 ft 5 inches tall and weighs 48 kilograms. An undergrad at the International School of Asia and the Pacific, she likes playing the guitar and experimenting with creative make-up techniques. The muse of Cagayan Valley -- VJIE MATIAS.
8. Up next we have SHANYL KAYLE HOFER of Minglanilla. Shan is 20 years old,stands 5 ft 5 inches tall and weighs 55 kilograms. A student at the University of San Jose Recoletos, she is into acting and painting, loves going to the gym, and is now learning graphic arts. Shan is an avowed supporter of the LGBTQ community. From the queen city of the south - Cebu -- SHANYL KAYLE HOFER.
9. JERAMIE MINGO hails from Iligan City. Jhay is 24 years old, stands 5 ft 6 inches tall and weighs 50 kilograms. She holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Secondary Education from Mindanao State University - Iligan Institute of Technology. Jhay is a fitness enthusiast who loves dancing and is a dedicated teacher of Music, Arts, Physical Education, and Health or MAPEH. If she wins, she hopes to support to Badjao community in Tambacan, Iligan. ProUDly representing Lanao del Norte -- JERAMIE MINGO
10. Moving down to the lowlands, we have CHYNNA KAYE VEROSIL of Bugallon. Chynna is 18 years old, stands 5 ft 8 inches tall and weighs 54 kilograms. A senior high school student at the PHINMA-University of Pangasinan, she is into reading, planting, hiking, and travelling. Her chosen charity is the Go Bike Project, which was founded by the Sangguniang Kabataan of Bugallon to enable youth patrollers oncargo bikes to attend to medical needs of town residents. Pangasinan’s bet -- CHYNNA KAYE VEROSIL.
11. Kalibo’s Ati-Atihan queen for this year is CHERRY MAY REGALADO.. Cherry is 26 years old, stands 5 ft 5 inches and weighs 50 kilograms. She graduated from Aklan State University and is a martial arts and fitness coach. Cherry is a national athlete for pencak silat, who won both gold and bronze medals at the Asian Games and was a silver medalist at the world championships. Known as the silat princess and queen of the blades, Cherry has been training young Aklanons online even throughout the pandemic. If she wins, she hopes to support the St John the Baptist Cathedral and Movement of Gratitude, which is behind their community pantries. From Kalibo, Aklan -- CHERRY MAY REGALADO.
12. From Cabadbaran, Agusan del Norte comes Krysti Ann Villarias. K-Ann is 22 years old, stands 5 ft 6 inches tall and weighs 56 kilograms. She is a high school graduate from Northern Mindanao Colleges Inc. She loves dancing and painting, but has more recently been hooked on airsoft. K-Ann wants to help the Services and Devices for PWDs program. This year’s standard bearer for Cabadbaran Agusan del Norte -- KRYSTI ANN VILLARIAS.
Reigning Aliwan Fiesta Digital Queen (2020) JANNARIE ZARZOSO graced the virtual press presentation.
CALENDAR of EVENTS :
• September 11 - Launch and Pride of Place
• September 18 - Talent and Skills Competition
• September 25 - Queens for a Cause
• October 2 - Evening Gown Competition and Q&A
• October 9 - Awarding & Coronation Night
Reported by Celso De Guzman Caparas
Philippine bets Dindi Pajares and John Adajar are making waves in the ongoing 12th Miss Supranational and 5th Mister Supranational, respectively, in Malopolska, Poland.
Dindi was adjudged Miss Elegance first runner-up held in Muszyna City Hall on August 13. Winner was Puerto Rico's Karla Guilfu and second runner-up was Dominican Republic's Eoanna Constanza.
Dindi was the winner in Super Chat with Ann Episode 7 with 36.4 % followed by delegates from Thailand and Sweden (with 14% ).
Dindi shared in her Facebook account :
"This gown has a very humbling story. Despite constraints in resources, Angeiline Texon @bespokeangeiline, a Senior High School designer from Bataan, province of the Philippines, was able to make this work of art come to life. This was made only for two (2) days, shortly before I left for Poland, using a sewing machine donated by the government ( 4P's -Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program) to the poor constituents. It warms my heart that such simple pieces achieve tremendous feat and are recognized internationally (bagging the first-runner-up for Miss Elegance of Miss Supranational 2021) . With this is my OVERFLOWING GRATITUDE to ALL THE PEOPLE BEHIND every step of my way, then and beyond. Thank you very much from the bottom of my heart. "
Dindi consistently made it in the Top 10 Supra Influencer Challenges 1, 2 and 3.
She was also chosen as one of Revlon models.
Pajares also earned a spot in the Top 10 Supra Fan Votes.
The competition will culminate during the finals at the newly-built Strzelecki Park Amphitheater in Nowy Sacz City on August 21 with 58 contestants vying for the crown.
The Coronation Night will be aired over CNN Philippines on Sunday, August 22 at 2 AM with replay on the same day at 7 PM.
Reigning Miss Supranational is Anntonia Porslid of Thailand.
Meanwhile, John Adajar was one of the Top 10 Supra Influencer Challenges 1 and 2.
Adajar also made it in the Top 10 circle of Supra Fan Votes.
The finals will be held in the same venue as Miss Supranational on Sunday, August 22 (Aug. 23 PHL time) with 34 contestants competing.
Mister Supranational 2019 is Nate Crnkovich of USA.
Reported by Celso De Guzman Caparas
When people get into their 40s, health and medical issues come to fore.
At this age, the nutritional needs and metabolism of the body changes. Specific nutrients become more crucial for body development and to reduce the risk of diseases like diabetes, hypertension, cancer and osteoporosis.
Sadly, these nutrients are not produced naturally in the body, so there is a need to be proactive with one’s habit and diet.
Kalbe International, a leading manufacturer of nutritional products in Asia, understands that adults over 40 has a lot more going for them.
Afterall, life begins at 40.
They still have a lot to share and contribute to their families and the society.
What they really need is a SOLmate that can help them GET MORE so they can BE MORE.
For Kalbe, it is but natural to formulate a product that will help them to get more and be more.
Known for being leader in the nutrition industry, Kalbe International is committed to providing quality and latest innovation products for specific needs of every segment of the society.
Their products are scientifically formulated and manufactured under the most stringent quality and safety standards.
They have now made available to the Philippine market another science based nutrition brand – Entrasol Platinum.
Entrasol Platinum with PROCARE formula is a high quality adult nutritional supplement that can help fulfill an adult’s daily nutritional needs for protection, healthy aging and recovery coupled with proper diet, healthy lifestyle and exercise.
Entrasol Platinum’s PROcare formula allows adults to GET MORE nutrition.
Its high protein, vitamin D and calcium combination helps maintain muscle mass and bone strength. Its high fiber that content helps optimum nutrition absorption. Its high vitamin C, E and Zinc with MCT helps optimize the immune system. Its 75% why protein helps muscle growth.
The PROCare formula also contains 9 vitamins and 6 minerals and folic acid.
In a pre-marketing surveillance conducted in 2020, it showed that with daily supplementation of Entrasol Platinum, patients recover faster.
From an average of 14 confinement days, COVID-19 patients who were given 2 servings of Entrasol a day, were discharged after 10 days only or 53% earlier.
Forty-three out of the 68 patients, or 63% enrolled in the program maintained their weight and 23 or 34% out of the 68 patients gained weight.
This proves that Entrasol Platinum may be used to assist in supporting the nutritional needs of critically ill and hospitalized patients and even people recovering from illnesses and surgeries.
Entrasol Platinum is available in two flavors, Chocolate and Vanilla at 200g and 600g.
It is available online in Lazada and Shopee and in all leading drugstores, groceries and supermarkets nationwide at Php 330.75 and Php 912.45, respectively.
KUYA KIM is now a SOLmate
Kalbe International, a leading nutrition health manufacturer in Southeast Asia, has tapped Kim “Kuya Kim” Atienza to be its first brand ambassador to help promote the company and its newest nutritional powdered milk drink, Entrasol Platinum.
He is definitely a perfect person to represent Entrasol Platinum. Healthy and fit at 50+, Kuya Kim epitomizes Entrasol’s kind of adult - active, sharp and with a strong sense of service.
SOLmate to the core!
Kuya Kim is looked up to not only by the his young Matang Lawin viewers, but moreso by adults 40 above who believes that they have still a lot to share and that they can achieve more and BE MORE.
For Kuya Kim, achieving and being more during the time of pandemic and at 40s and beyond is challenging yet possible.
“Find a SOLmate. Healthy habits, exercise and right nutrition is important. But sometimes, it is not enough. That’s why we need an adult supplementation that can meet our body’s nutritional need.”
That is what Entrasol Platinum is for.
With the many roles Kuya Kim play, he is grateful that Entrasol is now part of his daily diet. It is formulated according to the needs of this specific age group and is proven to be effective as well in supporting the nutritional needs of critically ill and hospitalized patients and even people recovering from illnesses and surgeries.
Kuya Kim and Entrasol Platinum, no doubt, are perfect for each other.
For your inquiries, call +63917-951-2000 email firstname.lastname@example.org Follow us on Facebook: EntrasolPlatinumPH, Twitter:EntrasolP or Instagram:@entrasol.ph. #
Reported by Celso De Guzman Caparas
28-year old Joel Rey Carcasona, a registered nurse from Cebu, won as Mr. Fahrenheit/Mr Gay World Philippines 2021 during the virtual finals on August 8.
Also known as Clive Christian, candidate no. 7, he advocates for health, wellness and rights of the LGBTQI+ community.
Carcasona's final question was:
“A mother is often described as the light of the home; the father as the pillar of the home. How would you describe the role of the gay person in the family?”
...and his witty reply that sealed his fate was :
“A gay person in the family has the same role as any other siblings. We give care, we give love to our parents. That’s why I want to participate in this competition because I want to get the crown. Because a crown is a symbol of empowernment. If I will be a titleholder, I will be able to encourage everyone who struggled and worked hard for societal acceptance that they can contribute something to their family. At the end of the day, if I’ll be able to get this crown, it’s not just the crown I want to wear, but also a crown I want to share.”
He currently works as a finance associate in a foreign bank.
Runners-up were Jhapett Raymundo, 1st (no. 10, Jaguar) and Gerald Regidor, 2nd (no. 6, Bulgari Extreme).
The remaining 21 most influential and inspirational gay men and bisexuals across the nation and abroad representing their chosen perfume were :
#01 AQUA POUR HOMME
Name: Marc Chester Santillan
Name: Guillbert M. Besin - Mr. Talent ('Ginoo' TikTok Challenge & Top 12 Finalist)
Real Name: Jay Ron Comia - Mr. Advocacy
Real Name: Warren G. Parra
Real Name: Daniel Vhon Fuentes
Real Name: Mark Joshua Garcia - Top 12 Finalist
#09 ISSEY MIYAKE
Real Name: William Manabat - Best in Swimwear and Top 12 Finalist
#11 JO MALONE
Real Name: Emerson C. Cosme
Real Name: Rustap De Jesus Flores
Real Name: Mark Joseph Cruz - Top 12 Finalist
Real Name: Joseph Christian V. Rueda
#15 PACO RABANNE
Real Name: Rey M. Cabug - Top 12 Finalist
#16 POLO SPORT
Real Name: Jhon-Jhon Camacho Lopez
Real Name: Aristotle Flores
#18 SALVATORE FERRAGAMO
Real Name: Edmar David - Top 12 Finalist)
#19 SAUVAGE DIOR
Real Name: Erik Jan L. Apartado - Mr. Congeniality
Real Name: Rodolfo Casas Jr. - Top 12 Finalist)
Real Name: Mhel Gezer Ramos
Real Name: Jessie Moran - Top 12 Finalist
Real Name: Jasper Jan C. Adorador - Best in Formal Wear and Top 12 Finalist
#24 212 MEN
Real Name: Manroe Solito
Voted as Pageant Media Favorites were Carcasona, Regidor and David.
Carcasona succeeded Leonard Kodie Macayan, 2020 winner. They will compete in a separate virtual competition of Mr. Gay World 2020 and 2021, a week apart this September.
Meanwhile, the Mr. Fahrenheit 2021 official song entitled “Ginoo” – a collaboration between one of the Board Members of MGWPO Ryan Soto and Hip Hop artist RNDP, was launched during the Press Presentation on July 23.
The Board of Judges included certified beauty queens Samantha Bernardo, Emma Tiglao, Angelee delos Reyes and Roxie Baeyens.
Special guests were some of the country's top influencers : Chad Kinis, Lassy Marquez, MC Muah, Angelica Yap, Jelai Andres, Donalyn Bartolome and Zeinab Harake.
Former beauty queen Kristine Caballero-Aplal ably hosted the Press Presentation and Finals, both virtually.
The 19th Annual Search for Mr. Fahrenheit – The National Search for Mr. Gay World Philippines 2021 is produced and organized by F Club Philippines and Mr. Gay World Philippines Organization headed by National Director Wilbert Tolentino (a leading LGBTQia personality, social media influencer (fb/ig/twitter/lyka/tiktok @sirwil75), vlogger (Wibert Tolentino Vlogs with almost 1.2 M subscribers).
MGWPO has produced two Mr. Gay World winners : John Raspado in 2016 and Janjep Carlos in 2019.
The Press Presentation and Finals were written and directed by the founder and WWhead of Kagandahang Flores Pageant Camp Rodgil Flores.
Photos courtesy of Mr. World Philippines Org.
( Don't forget to subscribe to Wilbert Tolentino's Youtube Channel
and his other Social Media accounts :
Reported by Celso De Guzman Caparas
Multi-awarded director Brillante Mendoza is Jury President at the 1st MovieZone Short Film Festival, August 1-31, based in China.
Jury members are :
• Director, scriptwriter Paolo Genovese of Italy;
• Actor, film critic, scriptwriter, producer Manfred Wong of Hong Kong;
• Actress, singer Hao Lei of China and
• Producer, actor, writer, curator, Beijing Film Academy professor Zhang Xianmin of China.
The news was relayed by Mendoza himself to this author via Facebook Messenger.
Meanwhile, the FilmFreeway published the following information about the said film festival in their official website:
"The MovieZone Short Film Festival is a new festival jointly hosted and organized by the MovieZone application and Movie View magazine.
It is open to short films of all genres from around the world, aiming to promote original and entertaining short films and make them available to the general public in China.
It will take place online via the MovieZone application, but all the short films will be geo-blocked to allow only Chinese audience to watch them. There is no submission fee to enter films.
The Festival will be divided into two main categories:
The Panorama section will include “Europe-Asia Visions”, “Student Perspectives”, “Best of the Best”, “Signature Collection”, “MovieZone Spotlight”, and will be continuously uploaded during the festival, allowing audiences to watch 100+ acclaimed international short films.
Films in competition will be competing for five money prizes: Best Short Film, Jury Prize, Best Director, Best Creativity and Audience Award.
A jury of international and domestic professional filmmakers will award them.
Awards & Prizes
Best Short Film：8000 USD and certificate
Jury Prize: 4000 USD and certificate
Best Director: 1000 USD and certificate
Best Creativity: 1000 USD and certificate
Audience Award: 1000 USD and certificate
*Prize amount is subject to tax regulations of the People’s Republic of China."