Reported by Celso De Guzman Caparas
'Basurero,' written and directed by Eileen Cabiling will be screened at the 30th Annual Woods Hole Film Festival in Massachusetts, USA, July 31-August 7.
Cabiling happily announced the good news in her social media account.
"Our New England Premiere! 30th year - Woods Hole Film Festival in Cape Cod, Massachusetts, USA.
It's surreal and at times a bit sad (for me) to think that my first film screened mostly online for its 2-year tour and NOW -- it will have its first screening LIVE in the US. And to top it off, one of my dearest friends and colleague, Fatimah Tobing Rony, will also be screening her animated short film, Annah La Javanaise, from Indonesia. I call her my Indonesian Sister- who I adore!
And YES! We are attending together.
Details for tickets and info:https://www.woodsholefilmfestival.org/
'Basurero' (World Premiere at 2019 Busan International Film Festival) : Desperate for cash, a Filipino fisherman (played by Jericho Rosales) dumps bodies into the ocean for the drug war’s faceless vigilantes. Tension rises when the killings hit close to home after he discovers his neighbor has been murdered for selling shabu (crystal meth)."
Cabiling also shared that 'Basurero" continues its 2021 Summer Tour.
'Basurero' has been officially selected along with other 12 foreign films under the International Short Film Category at the 7th Regina International Film Festival Awards in Saskatchewan, Canada, August 10-14.
Other foreign films are:
1. 'The Sleepless,' directed by Kami Sadraei
2. 'Goodnight and Goodbye,' directed by Elijah Noble El
3. 'The Other,' directed by Ako Zandkarimi & Saman Hosseinpour
4. 'Untouchability,' directed by Haresh Narayanan
5. 'It's Me,' directed by Andrea Casaseca
6. 'The Van,' directed by Erenik Beqiri
7. "Bodies,' directed by Morvarid Kashiyan
8. 'Death Offers Life - Last Moments of Vincent Van Gogh', directed by Saheer Abbas
9. 'Bare Trees in the Mist,' directed by Rajan Kathet
10. 'Farewell Symphony,' directed by Xiwen Miao
11. 'My Body,' directed by Earthling Koushalya
12. 'Rimi,' directed by Nischhal Sharma
Virtual Tickets Here for Screenings and Panels: https://www.goelevent.com/riffa/Pass/Salem
RIFFA Foundation Inc., is a non-profit cultural art organization offering programs to enrich the community while celebrating film and diversity. These programs include The Regina International Film Festival and Awards, LOOK: A Mental Health Film Initiative and Inclusion Film Program.
Cabiling further said, "Congrats to our shining lead Jericho Rosales and amazing cast. Our lead producer Darlene Catly Malimas and wonderful team of stellar producers, production and post crew. Anf to all our supporters who helped make this story happen."