Reported by Celso De Guzman Caparas Photos by MUPh Org.
Cebu City's Beatrice Luigi Gomez was crowned as Miss Universe Philippines 2021 by outgoing queen Rabiya Mateo during the finals staged at Henann Resort Convention Center in Aloha Beach, Panglao, Bohol on Thursday evening, Sep. 30.
26-year old Gomez, a proud member of LGBTQ community, will travel to Eliat, Israel to compete in the 70th Miss Universe Pageant set this December.
Her answer to the final question sealed her fate in winning the crown and title.
Question : If, during your reign as Miss Universe Philippines, things happen in your life that make you sad and uninspired, how would you be able to continue inspiring others?
Gomez :"It is very evident that all of us went through difficulties during this pandemic, but it is also proof that we are able to rise to the occasion, and if anything happened to me during my reign, I will not give up and inspire others by rising to the problems that I am encountering and by inspiring them that what you are going through, you will be able to overcome it."
Gomez romped away with the Best in Evening Gown. She donned a red gown during the Prelims and a royal blue number on the finals, both designed by Dubai-based Filipino fashion designer Furne One Amato of Amato Couture.
She also bagged the Best in Swimsuit and two corporate awards : Miss Luxxe Immunplus Game Changer and Miss Creamsilk.
Prior to the finals, Gomez won the Introduction Challenge and one of the Top 15 in the Casting Challenge.
Here's the full list of runners-up and special awardees :
Remainder of TOP 10
• Maria Corazon Abalos, Mandaluyong
• Leren Mae M. Bautista, Laguna
• Kristen Danielle Delavin, Masbate
• Janela Joy Cuaton, Albay
• Maria Ingrid Teresita P. Santamaria, Parañaque
Remainder of TOP 16 :
• Christell Abello, Aklan
• Chella Grace Falconer, Misamis Oriental
• Izabella Jasmine A. Umali, Manila
• Mirjan S. Hipolito, Angeles City
• Jane Nicole M. Miñano, Romblon
• Rousanne Marie Bernos, San Juan City
Other SPECIAL AWARDEEs:
• Face of Belo Sun Expert: Katrina Dimaranan, Taguig
• Miss CopperMask: Princess Kristha Singh, Pasig
• Miss Organic Barley: Leren Mae M. Bautista, Laguna
• Miss K-Pads: Janela Joy Cuaton, Albay
• Miss Save Point Plus: Katrina Dimaranan, Taguig
• Miss Air Asia Philippines: Maureen Christa Wroblewitz, Pangasina
• Miss Bragais: Leren Mae M. Bautista, Laguna
• Miss RedFOXLabs 2021: Kristen Danielle Delavin, Masbate
• Miss Hennan: Maureen Wroblewitz, Pangasinan
• Best in National Costume: Maria Corazon Abalos, Mandaluyong
• Miss Luxxe White Face of the Universe (Miss Photogenic): Kirsten Danielle Delavin, Masbat
• Miss Luxxe White Reveal Instabright Stunner: Steffi Rose Aberasturi, Cebu Province
• Miss Universe Philippines Lazada: Kirsten Danielle Delavin, Masbate
The panel of judges was composed of :
1. Ms. Joanne Golong-Gomez, Commercial Director of Hilton Manila
2. Sam Verzosa, CEO and Co-Founder of FRONTROW Philippines
3. Dr. Vicki Belo, Founder and Medical Director of The Belo Medical Group
4. Jojie Lloren, Former President of the Young Designers Guild and The Fashion and Design Council of the Philippines
5. Ms. Sheila Romero, Vice Chairman of Air Asia Philippines
Gracing the event were MUPh Org. executives : National Director Shamcey Supsup-Lee, Creative Director Jonas A. Gaffud, Marketing Director Mario Garcia, Communications Director Voltaire Tayag; last year's runners-up Ysabella Ysmael, Michelle Gumabao, Pauline Amelinckx and Kimberly Hakenson; and Resorts World Manila Corporate Communications Director Joee Guilas who sat as a Special Panelist.
Streamed live on KTX.Ph, the event was ably hosted by KC Montero with Sam Concepcioon and Michael Pangilinan as guest performers.
#MUPH2021Coronation #MissUniversePhilippines2021 #MUPHSisterhood #PhenomenalWoman #InspireYou